About Herman St.
Herman Street Studios is the “place for your artistic space.”
Constructed in 1928, Herman street artists’ studios offer an authentic appeal to some of the most innovative, creative artisans in the Philadelphia area. Extraordinarily appealing is the location in historic Germantown. Iconic historical buildings lead the way to Herman Street Studios invoking creative inspiration and a sense of community.
Herman Street offers the following amenities:
- 30,000 Square Foot Historical Facility with 3 floors
- All wood floors
- 2nd-floor artist studios with 11-foot ceilings
- Security with electronic entry
- Accessibility to the loading dock
- WIFI throughout building
- Freight Elevator
- 6 ft high windows with tons of natural light
- Shared bathrooms throughout the building
- Intercom system for each tenant space
- Exterior lighting
- Served by bus lines
- Train Station within walking distance
- Accessibility to center city
- Short walk to Mt. Airy
- 10 minutes from Chestnut Hill
Our eclectic mix of people, energetic environment, and camaraderie makes Herman Street Studios
the perfect community for:
- Artists & Makers
- Paper Makers
- Office Space for small businesses
If you are looking for a space to create, Herman Street Studios is the place for you!
Imagine your studio as part of a community that includes immense historical significance!